When it comes to transforming a room, there’s nothing quite as dramatic as adding wall molding. But before you can start installing it, you need to know how to plan and install it correctly. In this article, we’ll teach you the steps you need to take in order to get beautiful and functional molding on your walls.
What are Decorative Wall Moldings?
Decorative wall moldings are a way to add a touch of luxury and class to any room in your home. They come in a variety of styles and can be used to cover a wide range of walls. Whether you’re looking for traditional moldings or architectural foam moldings, there’s a style that will work perfectly for your home. Here are some tips on how to plan and install decorative wall moldings:
1. First, decide what style of decorative wall molding you want. There are traditional moldings, like cornices and half-moons, as well as more contemporary options, like corbels and keystones.
2. Next, choose the type of material you want your molding made from. You can choose wood or metal, depending on your preference.
3. Once you have chosen the style and material, start planning where you want it to go on your wall. Decorative wall moldings typically come in four pieces: the crown, the footer, the middle bar, and the border piece.
4. Install the crown first. It should be positioned at the highest point on your wall and should be attached with screws or nails. The footer should then be attached to the crown, and the middle bar should be attached to the footer. The border piece should then be attached to the middle bar, and the final step is to attach the decorative wall molding to the wall.
Types of Decorative Wall Moldings
Different types of decorative wall moldings can add personality and style to any room in your home. Here are four types of decorative wall moldings that you can consider for your home:
• Wallpaper: A classic option for any room, wallpaper is a great way to add a bit of texture and color to a wall. You can choose a traditional wallpaper design or go with something more modern and creative.
• Corduroy Wallpaper: Another popular type of wallpaper, corduroy wallpaper features a textured look and feel that is perfect for walls with a bolder style. Like wallpaper, you can choose from a variety of corduroy designs to suit your needs.
• Plaid Wallpaper: A classic look that is sure to add charm to any room, plaid wallpaper is perfect for walls that need a little more pizzazz. Choose from traditional plaid designs or go with something more daring and unique.
• Sheet Vinyl Wallcovering: A great option if you want an inexpensive decorative wall molding solution, sheet vinyl wallcovering is easy to install and looks great on any wall in your home. You can choose from a variety of colorful designs to suit your needs.
How to Select the Right Type of Decorative Wall Molding?
When it comes to adding a touch of luxury and class to your home, decorative wall molding is a great option. There are a variety of different types of molding available, so it’s important to choose the right one for your project. Here are some tips for selecting the perfect type of decorative wall molding for your home:
1. Consider your style. If you have a traditional home décor style, traditional molding may be a good option. On the other hand, if you have a modern or contemporary style, ornate or intricate molding may be more appropriate.
2. Think about how the molding will be used. If you’re only going to use it on one wall, go with simple molding that will blend in with the rest of the décor. If you’re adding decorative wall molding to several walls, go with more elaborate or ornate pieces that will stand out.
3. Decide on the size and shape of the molding. Decorative wall molding comes in a variety of shapes and sizes, so it’s important to choose one that will fit your needs and tastes. Some common shapes include circles, ovals, hearts, and stars.
How to Install Decorative Wall Molding?
If you’re looking to add some visual interest to your walls, decorative wall molding is a great way to do it. Here are four tips on how to install this popular accessory:
1. Choose the right molding for your wall type and style. Decorative wall molding comes in a variety of styles, from classical to modern. If you have a traditional or classic look in mind, go with classical molding. If you’re aiming for a more modern look, go with sleek, contemporary moldings.
2. Plan your installation ahead of time. Decorative wall molding is relatively easy to install, but there are a few important steps that you need to take into account before starting. First, measure the width and height of the wall where you want the molding installed. Then, figure out how much space you’ll need around the perimeter of the molding for drilling and cutting purposes. Finally, plan where the actual pieces of decorative wall molding will go and mark them out on the wall using a pencil or paint pen. Do not also forget to get the right tools for your wall molding installation, you can check out Lakeside-hire.co.uk to learn more.
3. Use a power saw or jigsaw to cut the decorative wall molding pieces to fit your measurements. Be sure to use safety precautions when cutting the molding, including wearing eye protection and a dust mask.
4. Apply a sealer to the newly installed molding to protect it from moisture and damage. There are many different types of sealers available, so find one that matches your wall’s finish (e.g., latex or polyurethane).
Tips for Decorating with Decorative Wall Molding
If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance to your home’s interior, decorative wall molding is a great way to do it. Here are some tips for planning and installing this type of decor:
• Start by determining the size and shape of the molding you want. This will help you determine how much woodworking you’ll need to do.
• Use a level when measuring and cutting the molding, so that the seams line up perfectly. Make sure to use a quality miter saw blade and take your time; a poorly cut decorative wall molding can look amateurish.
• Once the molding is installed, apply a finishing coat of paint or an adhesive to the back (if using). Then, attach decorative wall hooks or hangers to the back of the molding for added decoration.
Getting this right often comes down to practice or contracting a professional, comments fast home buyer Ruban Selvanayagam.