With the growth of businesses in London, it’s no surprise that more and more employees are moving into the city. However, this move comes with its own set of challenges, and one of the most important is office relocation. In this blog post, we will outline some things to know when moving an office in London, from the logistics of moving to figuring out your new office space. By following these tips, you can make your relocation as smooth as possible.
The Different Types of Office Moves
When you move your entire office, it’s usually the best option if you’re relocating for work or if your company is expanding. This type of move usually requires professional moving services and can be expensive, but it’s usually the easiest and most hassle-free way to do it. Plus, having all of your belongings moved together makes the process go much faster.
Moving part of your office is another often-used option in London. This type of move usually isn’t as complicated as a full relocation, but there are some key considerations to keep in mind:
• First, you’ll need to decide how much space you want to move into (or out of).
• Second, you’ll need to estimate how many items you’ll need to take with you and figure out what kind of storage container will work best (both in terms of cost and space).
• Third, make sure to plan ahead by getting estimates from several firms so that you get the best deal possible.
• Lastly, moving day doesn’t have to be a completely dreaded experience – there are plenty of helpful tips available online and in print that can make the process go more smoothly.
Tips for Dealing with the Office Move
1. Make a plan: Before you move, take the time to create a timeline and budget for the entire process. This will help keep you organized and on track.
2. Choose a storage option: If you have room in your new home, consider renting storage space to temporarily store your office furniture and supplies.
3. Hire professional movers: It’s important to hire professionals to move your office if it’s big or heavy. Not only will they be able to handle the task efficiently and safely, but they’ll also take care of packing and unpacking your items for you. Commercial removals in London can help with this.
4. Coordinate with your colleagues: Let everyone know when you’re moving and ask them to make any necessary changes to their calendar or email addresses. This way, everyone can stay connected while you’re away!
5. Disconnecting from work: It can be tough to leave everything behind in our old office, but it’s important to remember that it’s necessary for our mental health sanity too! Make sure to schedule some time for yourself once you arrive at your new home – even if that means taking a walk around the block!
How Much It Will Cost to Move an Office in London?
If you are thinking about moving your London office, the following costs will be involved. The overall cost of moving may vary significantly based on where in London you choose to move and what services are required. Here are some general costs:
• Transportation: This can include both transportation between your old and new locations as well as any additional costs for packing, loading or unloading.
• Storage: If you’re moving large furniture or equipment, you may need to contract a professional storage company.
• Office supplies: You’ll likely need copiers, printers, fax machines and other office supplies. Plan ahead and order these items well in advance to avoid high shipping fees.
• Service providers: Many relocation companies will require that you hire specific professionals, such as movers and consultants, to help with the move. Make sure to budget for these expenses in your overall cost estimate.
When planning your move, be sure to take into account the costs and timeline involved. Choose a type of move that best suits your situation and ensure you have all the supplies you’ll need. Hire professional movers who will take care of packing, loading and unloading for you. And finally, make sure to disconnect from work for a little while – it’ll be worth it in the long run!